‘Creating a screen’, is a process of making a W7Z Project file.
W7Z Project files are created by designing a screen through a tool called weMX Designer. The files are saved in “.w7z” format. Project files include images in the screen, screen info, addresses, and many more.
In order to design a screen, download weMX Designer from our website.
After the program is installed, run the [weMX Designer] shortcut in your desktop, or go to [Start] – [All Programs] – [weMX] – [weMX Designer 2018] to run the program.
The process of making a weMX Project is as follows.
- Go to [File] – [New] – [New Project] in the menu.
- Set the “Project Name” to whatever you wish, and set the target model’s name.
- Select the [Ok (Add Device/PLC later)] to create one screen.
- Select [Draw] – [Text] in the menu, and drag the element in the screen to a size you want.
- In the Text property, type in “Hello, World”.
- Select [File] – [Save] in the menu to save the project.
- Go to [Project] – [Simulation] and check the screen you’ve just made.
In weMX Designer, various drawing tools and components are provided to make the creation process easier.
For more details on how to make a screen, please refer to the document bellow.
Making a simple display: weMX-KB-02-SimpleDrawing-en.pdf
weMX Designer Beginner Tutorial Guide: weMX Designer Beginner Tutorial
weMX Designer Intermediate Tutorial Guide: weMX Designer Intermediate Tutorial